You can have a 3D model printed at the library!
You can request one STL file to be added to the print queue at a time. When your print job is done we will email you to let you know you can come pick it up.
When you pick up your print you can ask for another 100 gram or less job to be added to the list again.
We print in the order items are requested, and we cannot guarantee a time frame for finishing any particular job.
3D Printing Policy
The Dedham Public Library’s 3D printers are available to the public to make three-dimensional objects in plastic using a design that is uploaded from a digital computer file.
- The Library’s 3D printers may be used only for lawful purposes. The public will not be permitted to use the Library’s 3D printers to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the Library environment.
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights. For example, the printers will not be used to reproduce material that is subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request.
- Cost: 3D printing at the Library is currently free. The Library reserves the right to charge for services with prior notification.
- Items printed from Library 3D printers that are not picked up within 7 days will become property of the Library. Items must be picked up by the individual who printed them.
- Only designated Library staff and volunteers will have hands-on access to the 3D printer.